'/> The PR Gang: Finally!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Finally!

 


Yes, we now have a dog park in Puerto Rico. According to the Governor, it's not only the first dog park in Puerto Rico, but also the first in the Caribbean and Latin America. YAY!

 


I went over the other day to check it out. It's quite small, in fact I could pretty much fill it up with my 3, but it's well planned and the construction of the small scale agility equipment is excellent. Lilly and Sophie thought it was pretty cool.




There are a ton of rules(in Spanish), all pretty basic like picking up after your dog, no aggressive dogs, no prong or shock collars, etc. The one I didn't like was, only 2 dogs per person. Hey! What's that all about?!
 


Sophie was on high alert when we got there and then proceeded to spend the rest of the time with her nose to the ground. Lots of smells!





Lilly was kind of overwhelmed at first I think. She's never seen anything like this before.




She soon got the hang of it though and was checking out the sites from up high on the dog walk.

 


And check out this cool water fountain especially for dogs.

 


They even had a small baby pool where dogs can play around and get wet. Sorry, no pics. It was a fun outing and the girls enjoyed themselves. Can you believe the place was empty? Next time I might bring all 3!

4 comments:

  1. WOW... that looks like a really neat dog park!

    It may be a little on the small side, but atleast you have one know!

    That's a bummer about the 2 dogs only. If it is empty, I would take 3 dogs too.

    Kisses
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I'm Scottie...nice to meet you! That's a really cool place to go and have fun in! We don't have that here in Malaysia where I am...I love the water fountain that caters to all doggie sizes! It looks pawsome!

    Hope you have a great day...=) Will check back soon!

    Scottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That's the koolest dog park I've ever seen! I wanna go there!!!!!!!!!

    Butt wiggles,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  4. BARK! How fun to have to yourself. THat is the only way we get to go, since we dont behave with other doggies. We are only trying to protect our pack... really!
    BARK! Sasha the Princess

    ReplyDelete